We have been instructed by one of our clients to offer for sale from his collection this steam yacht restoration project. This is a very rare opportunity to purchase and restore a set of Steam Yachts.
The yachts were built in 1903 by Savage Brothers of Kings Lynn for Edward Danter later passing to John Whyatt in whose ownership they were perhaps best known.
This is a complete restoration project which is made up of the following:-
1. The Savage swing engine, which has been rebuilt.
2. A Savage organ engine which was original to this set of steam yachts.
3. All the castings for the top and bottom of the legs.
4. The bearing that the axle sits in.
5. The axles which have been crack detected, one replacement casting required. Original casting available.
6. Rods and chains to connect the engine to axles
7. The remains of hand rails and other pieces for use as samples in the rebuild.
8. Various drawings with dimensions.
The steam yachts project is currently dry stored in a private collection. Viewing is strictly by appointment. This would make an excellent restoration project perhaps for a steam or fairground enthusiast / collector.
Should you wish to discuss further details or information on this rare opportunity, please contact us in confidence and we will help as required.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a steam yacht restoration project.